today we officially move. i won't have internet for a week or so, i hope i will survive ;). but real quick, i was "tagged" by my friend tracey, and i have to tell 5 weird things about myself. i am only doing this because it is so easy to think of weird things about myself, so it will just take a minute.
1. i HATE avocados. like dispise. and i know this is weird because they are everyone i know's favorite food on the planet.
2. i have never seen a single episode of grey's anatomy or desperate housewives, nor do i care to. i am guessing this is weird as it's all anyone at 2 peas can talk about.
3. i won't eat (or try to avoid eating) meat off of the bone. i don't think this is weird, but my family teases me mercilessly about it, so it must be.
4. the theme song to m*a*s*h gives me the willies. i cannot turn the channel fast enough. luckily i don't encounter it as much anymore.
5. i have major hot flashes, mostly brought on by clausterphobic situations, but sometimes for no reason. i've tried to tell grant i think i'm going through pre mature menapause, but then he reminds me my pms hormones are going strong, and he doesn't think i have anything to worry about.
well that's it! here's another random pic! goodbye crappy apartment! hello dad's lap of luxury! we are moving to his ginormous vacant house to help him sell it for a fee ;) which means another move soon. ugghh. when we finally buy a house i'm gonna be buried in the backyard.
i am supposed to be packing. but i walked in on this scene as cate was going down for a nap, and had to document. because i got all warm and fuzzy about her quilt. i made this quilt for her when she was about six months old. and used it everyday of her baby-hood. and that brought me to remembering the lady that inspired me to start quilting, and showed me how to make this (my first quilt). she had the most gorgeous quilt in the trunk of her car. and she said "i make them to be used. when i die, my kids won't care about the ones that sat in my sewing room, but they are going to fight over the quilt that we all wrapped up in at all the soccer games." i thought that was about the best thing i ever heard. i look at this quilt and i remember every sunday nursing her in the mother's room at church with her wrapped in it, and every other nursing mother that walked in oohing and ahhing over it, and then using it for a changing pad. it has fallen out of the stroller and been ran over with muddy tires a hundred times. we have laid it on the grass outside to play. i have used it to wipe food and boogers off her face. she slept with it every night in the crib. the point is, it was made to be used. and because of that, it will be reminicent to cate of her childhood, and cherished.
absolutely perfect. relaxing. rejuvinating. happy. funny. non- stop. fattening. beautiful.
this is the backyard of the house we stayed at. also where they said their vows. my brother looked so cute, and she is beautiful and just perfect for him. she is from brazil and calls him "my love" with an adorable accent. it was a happy day! they have a baby on the way that we are all very excited for. all six siblings are married off now, made my grandma cry.
now i have to focus on moving. just across town, to my dad's unoccupied house but still lots to do. so happy to have my little family back together again. i just want to hug cate all day. and yes, i did jump in the lake!
this is where i grew up
seriously. can you understand why i'm always whining to go there? but in two days I GET TO! yayay! the last un married sibling is getting married! he rented a house on the water for the wedding, and just the siblings (6 of us), no kids or spouses are going. that is bitter sweet for me, i will be gone for four days :( but i am so so excited to go home. i am planning on bringing a big bag of knitting and sitting by a cozy fire and drink hot cocoa and enjoy the chilly fall nights. but i am jumping in the lake. this time of year the water could give your average jumper-inner their death from hypo thermia. but i have tahoe water bones.
1. a layout i really like.
2. a scrapbooker i'm newly obsessed with: Laura Kurz- i have been yearning to bring back simplicity in my layouts, needed an inspirer. there she is, my inspirer.
3. grant started his new job today. i am so happy for him. we get to have a regular dinner tonight and a regular time! wooohooo!