1. look at the hottest couple in the universe, one month post stroke. tyler is doing really good. he is determined to get all of his function back, it's real cute to see him work so hard to do things with his right hand instead of just compensating with his left. they determined they just don't know what exactly caused the stroke, just a few risk factors...so he takes his aspirin a day, and plugs along! (i am absolutely convinced it was caused by a chiropractic adjustment he got the week before the stroke, which the nuerosurgeon guessed might be the cause).
2. nicole cut me some awesome bangs. she is really freaking good at hair.
3. look at the magic she worked on our cute friend mandi, who is my most dedicated etsy customer (notice her purse in background). she also has a really sweet etsy shop. i took some pics of her adorable kids while i was there that i'll show later- they are so cute.
4. hung out and laughed hysterically with our modelicious friend shauna, (yes, nicole is her stylist too- what can i say? she cuts a great bang.) who saved movie night by declaring to hollywood video what we were prepared to pay for the four new releases we were renting- and it worked! $8 and we were out the door with a "have a good night ladies". sweet.
5. my favorite pick? stranger than fiction. it was the best movie i have seen in a LONG time. i loved every second of it, and i love maggie gyllenhaal. it was so good. if you get that movie, i mean REALLY get it then me and you = peas and carrots. plus it features the most wonderful love scene EVER (in a non dirty way). it makes me want to bake.
6. prayers are being answered.
question: what two gorgeous women were at my house this fine evening?
answer: why these two superstars. and i love them. em brought me one of her famous camera straps which i am in love with, we thrifted and then made delightful matching skirts for the girls. and tara is funny and easy and adorable. and she touched my camera..i think it's now blessed...
a long list of to-do's.
go potty! we've gotta go!
buckle. unbuckle. buckle. unbuckle.
hold my hand. c'mon let's go! over here.
stay by me!
sit down. hang on. do you need to go potty?
stay by me!
no, we'll get that next time. why don't you put it on your christmas list?
you're being good, just one more stop...
just one more, i promise...
just one more...
buckle. silence. golden sun streaming in from the west.
i carry her in and start dinner.
dear city of provo,
i am sorry that two of your public servants, namely, my husband and his boyfriend darren, give you this disturbing image every day at noon. while it's true that they leave work at the same time and it's also true that they have lunch together, and it's further true that a scooter gets great gas mileage, you shouldn't have to see this. i'm very sorry on their behalf, as they are totally not sorry. they totally love it. if you would like to not see my husband straddling another man who looks a lot like him, please avoid center street during high noon.
thanks for your understanding, k.m.
inspiration pieces- old navy shoes, a thrifted painting, a bird from nie nie, and a vintage frame:
i really like the clothesline we hung up. one just didn't seem like enough, so we put up two:
it's a great place to hang cate's artwork and her favorite pictures of her daddy. (ps- you can purchase that apron here). i love these old creweled pieces that i picked up for a couple quarters.i had to remove some old gross trims, but i think they are so cheery on the wall:
cate's favorite is the pretty view in front of her sewing desk; my favorite is the $4 painting that i stare at when i'm in there. i don't know what inspired the artist, but i call it "sacred grove".
i love it. it looks clean and cheery. good thing i love white linens and furniture- who knows what colors will strike our fancy in the summer, fall, and winter?
my design philosophy? have less, manage less, clutter less, spend less. surround yourself with a few beautiful things you love and inspire happiness, especially repurposed pieces with history. amen.